If you haven’t figured it out yet, I love love love wedding music! It can set the whole tone for your day and bring about great emotional moments. Last year I wrote a blog post with my picks for the best unique processional songs. You can read it here: 15 Best Unique Processional Songs. A lot of you seemed to really appreciate the post so I thought I’d post another list for even more song inspiration!
A quick recommendation before I start listing the songs: Use the same song for your bridesmaids and you walking down the aisle. Using two different songs breaks up the emotion and continuity of the processional. Using one song that spans the length of everyone walking down the aisle will build up a crescendo to you walking in!
With that said, here are 10 more unique wedding processional songs!
1. I Dreamed a Dream (Instrumental from Les Miserables). Les Miserables is one of my favorite plays and this song gives me chills every time I hear it! The crescendo in this song would be perfect for the bride’s entrance. Now, this version is a medley of Les Miserables songs which you could use or you could find a similar instrumental version of just the song I Dreamed a Dream.
2. Begin Again (Taylor Swift - Piano Guys Cover). You just can’t go wrong with The Piano Guys. I listed two of their songs in my last blog post and here is another one that I think would be perfect! Listen for the crescendo at 2:45. It is simply breathtaking! Who knew that Taylor Swift songs could be this beautiful? :)
3. Forest Gump (Theme Song). This song is a sweet and peaceful choice for your entrance. The cello coming in at 1:20 adds a beautiful depth to the song. I don’t think there will be a dry eye at the ceremony if you walk down the aisle to this one!
4. Paperman (Christophe Beck). Disney/Pixar music just has a way of making you feel magical and hopeful. The Paperman short came out 2 years ago and the music from it is just stunning. Since it is a longer song, you could start the song at the beginning and end it at 1:25. But I encourage you to listen to the whole thing because it is a lovely piece of music!
5. Moonriver (Audrey Hepburn). Such a classic. Whether you use Audrey Hepburn’s version or a cover version, this song is so romantic! The acoustic guitar is so simple but its all that is needed for this sweet tune. P.S. End the first video at 1:30 as it goes into a faster paced version of the song afterwards.
6. The Winner Is (from Little Miss Sunshine). Something a little more quirky for your wedding day! If you’re planning a bohemian, folky, or quirky wedding then this song is for you! I don’t know about you, but this song makes my heart happy.
7. The About Time Theme. (Nick Laird-Clowes). First of all, if you haven’t seen the movie About Time, YOU NEED TO! This theme song from the film has a beautiful crescendo and I won’t lie- it makes me cry. Listen for the crescendo at 1:30.
8. Tenerife Sea (Ed Sheeran). Ok, I know I’ve had a lot of instrumental songs on this list (but can you blame me?!). This song just recently came out and I think it’s perfect for a wedding processional (or even a first dance). The waltzy (yes I made that word up) quality of the song is perfect for walking down the aisle. You could even have a friend play an acoustic guitar version live for you!
9. La Vie En Rose (Acoustic Cover). If any of you watched How I Met Your Mother, you’ll know that this is the song the mother sings on her ukulele. I thought the ukulele version was so enchanting! Listen to this version and see if you think so too.
10. Sort Of (Instrumental by Ingrid Michaelson). I’m finishing up with one more instrumental song. You could use the lyrical version as well, but I just fell in love with the simple piano and strings. This song also has great crescendos thoughout it.
I hope that out of these songs you found one that made your heart soar and made you picture yourself walking down the aisle on your wedding day.