I’ve shot many weddings in and around the Charlotte area and I got to capture some beautiful couples at lovely venues in 2014. Here are my top 5 picks for Charlotte wedding venues based on where I have gotten to shoot so far.
1. Duke Mansion. Duke Mansion is the perfect, elegant choice for your wedding. The location has many great spots for photos and has a beautiful room for bridal preparations. The set-up I saw utilized the atrium for the ceremony and the ballroom for the reception, but there are several options for places to have these both inside and outside. The staff is very friendly and will help you plan out the details of having your wedding there!
2. Anne Springs Close Greenway. Another favorite of mine is actually located in Fort Mill, SC very close to the Charlotte border. Anne Springs Close Greenway is a great rustic venue. The Dairy Barn is an adorable location for your ceremony and reception and the land surrounding the building is just gorgeous for photos. The set-up I saw here was as follows: the ceremony was upstairs in the Dairy barn, the reception dinner was downstairs, and then the dancing was back upstairs. It is such a great venue no matter how you set it up at any of the locations here!
P.S. This location is also great for engagement sessions!
3. Johnson Carriage House. Johnson Carriage House is located in Mooresville, NC. Even though it’s a little bit further from Charlotte, this location is definitely worth it! With large open land, a garden, stables, and horses grazing in the pasture, this venue is fantastic! There are so many options for your photos and it is the perfect outdoor wedding space.
4. Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens is another great, elegant venue. You can wander the many walkways through the gardens for photos and enjoy the beautiful space inside with lots of windows and natural light. You can have your wedding inside or outside depending on what fits your day best. The set-up I captured here utilized the indoor space by having both the ceremony and reception in the large window-lit room.
5. The Brawley House. Finally, The Brawley House is another location in Mooresville, NC. This venue is the perfect mix of elegant and vintage. This historic house has great rooms for bridal preparation and lovely grounds outside for photos. You can have your ceremony outside next to the house or inside the barn on the opposite side. The wedding set-up I encountered here had the ceremony outside and the reception inside the barn. However, the barn doors were opened so guests could step out onto the patio with string lights hanging overhead.
So, there are my top 5 pick for Charlotte wedding venues. I'll post a 2015 list later this year after I get to shoot at more amazing venues! :)
Let me know what venue you love in the comments below!