Here we are, part 2 of my favorite details and tips! In part 1 I covered bouquets, favors, cakes, reception tables, and other little personal details. If you missed part 1, you can view that here: Favorite Details + Tips Part 1
This week I'm finishing up with veils/flower crowns, thrifting and cheap finds, groom attire, guest books, and creative reception/ceremony details. I'll also add some extra tips at the end that should be helpful!
1. Veils/Flower Crowns - My favorite veil is spanish lace. It is SO gorgeous! Several of my brides have worn this type of veil.
I also loveeee flower crowns! They have a more whimsical feel than a veil that just makes me happy :) These are super easy to make yourself!
2. Thrifting and Cheap Finds - A lot of my brides have been DIY-ers, thifters, and just creative with their details! First tip here, search goodwills and yard sales for lace tablecloths, glass bottles, and old books to use in your decorating.
Another one of my brides got very creative with her reception decor. Her tablecloths are actually curtains from Ikea that they cut to fit the table! Other decorations are things they made themselves, already had, or thrifted. Be creative with where you look for decorations! Target, Hobby Lobby, Ikea, and other similar stores have great selections.
3. Groom Attire - These are my favorite groom outfits that I've seen so far!
4. Guest Books - Guest books don't have to be an actual book with lines for the guests to sign their names. Think outside of the box like these brides did!
5. Creative Ceremony/Reception Details - You don't have to follow the traditional rules for your ceremony and reception. Check out these unique ideas to include on your day!
Lastly, I wanted to share some extra tips that will help your day and photography run more smoothly!
1. Have a cute hanger ready to put your dress on. It really makes a difference in photos!
2. Clear all clutter from the getting ready room before you take pictures of you getting into your dress.
3. Think about doing a brunch or dessert reception if you want to save some money. I think these types of receptions are so lovely!
4. Always have extra bobby pins ready to go for your hair or your bridesmaid's. I've fixed many a bride's hair with bobby pins from my own head :)
5. You can wrap tissues around your finger and then when you carry your bouquet they will be hidden but easily accessible to dab any tears during the ceremony.
6. Aisle runners usually make walking down the aisle harder, especially if you or your girls are wearing heels.
7. Make sure your family members know if they are in photos and that they should stay put immediately after the ceremony.
8. Be careful about doing a fake exit from your reception to get photos. Many times guests leave immediately after this and your reception might end earlier than you want.
9. Use one song for you and your bridesmaids walking down the aisle. It gives your ceremony a nice cohesive flow and builds up to your entrance!
10. If I had to tell you one other thing to invest in (besides photography!), it would be videography. I am so glad my husband and I have video from our wedding to look back and watch my dad dancing crazy during the reception and hear us saying our vows :)
Phew. I think I've bestowed all of my knowledge upon you :) Comment with any unique details or tips you have!